Fun fact, this tuscan-style salad is carb friendly! One of my favorite party dishes, this one is sure to please. All you need are some fresh veggies, a sourdough baguette, and your basic salad dressing mixers. You really can't mess this one up!
The only prep work is your croutons. Dice a sourdough baguette into one-inch cubes and let it sit over night, yes that means dry stale crusty bread, but tomorrow you'll use some olive oil, and toast those pieces in the oven until golden brown.
I'll be honest, I'm not the best at measuring, so the dressing ingredients are listed to the best of my memory, though typically I add each to taste– feel free to play around with it.
Finally, I recommend making this salad at least an hour before serving, in order to really let those juices soak into the bread. I know it's hard, but this makes leftovers even better!
- 2-3 Tomatoes (any kind is fine), diced into 1 inch cubes
- 2 Bell Peppers - Yellow, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 2 Bell Peppers - Red, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 2 Cucumbers with Peel, sliced and halved
- 1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh Basil, chopped (add to taste- I add extra)
- 1/4c Olive Oil
- 2tbs AppleCider Vinegar
- 3tbs Champagne Vinegar or Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- Salt, Pepper, Capers to taste
Toss all ingredients in a large bowl, drizzle with dressing, and mix gently. Let sit for at least 1 hour.
177 Cal. / 26g Carbs. / 6g Fat. / 4g Protein