Today, I'm excited to gush over one of my most anticipated events of the season!
For the past 80 years, the School of the Art Institute of Chicago’s (SAIC) fashion students have been combining painting, sculpture, performance, sound, body, installation and technology into a multimedia runway show. Architechture, technology, and design departments combined for one brilliant celebration!
The annual fashion show and gala benefit student scholarships with fashion presentations throughout the day culminating with the THE WALK in the evening.
The WALK 2014 will take place at Millennium Park on May 2nd, with dinner held at the Harris Theater. Ticket prices for Fashion 2014 start at $40. Ticket prices for THE WALK start at $500.
In honor of the 80th anniversary of the School of the Art Institute Chicago (SAIC) fashion department, Jimmy Choo recently hosted SAIC's "Walk THE WALK", an exclusive pre-event reception I had the pleasure of attending (Instagram here). In one sentance: it was the perfect kick-off party as we near the WALK festivities.
Below are some of the event day details for May 2nd. For more information, visit www.saicfashion.org
Hope to see you there!!
- 9:00 a.m. is a general admission dress rehearsal. Tickets are $40
- 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. shows are general admission seating. Tickets are $75 and available online and on site.
THE WALK 2014
- The event begins with a 5:30 p.m. cocktail reception in Millennium Park Chase Promenade North.
- THE WALK 2014 starts at 6:30 p.m. student collections, presentations of the Legend of Fashion Award as well as significant student scholarships, awards, and coveted fashion industry internships.
- Immediately following THE WALK 2014, guests will enjoy a strolling dinner at the rooftop terrace of Millennium Park's Harris Theater.
- Individual tickets for THE WALK 2014 are $500-$1000. Tables are $5,000-$25,000