Yesterday Twitter was abuzz. In a nutshell, Kate Hudson stunned on the red carpet, Jennifer Lawrence fell again, Ellen made Twitter history (#smarketing), and Olivia Wilde took maternity attire to a whole new level of glamour. Oh, and Leo waits in hopes for next year yet again(who's a guy gotta know to get an Oscar around here?!).
I'll admit, red carpet recaps don't happen often here on Glitterary, but let's be honest, it's been freezing & no one wants to shoot in this weather.
So, in case you haven't had enough Oscars in the last 24 hours, my top 5 best dressed list...
1. Kate Hudson - This hollywood royalty, most recently gracing our magazines as the face of ANN TAYLOR, stunned in a silver beaded gown by Atelier Versace. Kate topped off her look with simple elegance including vintage hollywood locks swept to one side, Jimmy Choo shoes, & a Versace clutch proving that less is more.
(Images via. POPSUGAR)
2. Lupita Nyong'o - Not only did Lupita grace us with an acceptance speach so elloquent it's bound to carry us through the remainder of 2014, but who can forget this whimsical moment on the red carpet. Floating to the stage in blue Parade chiffon, Lupita made for an Oscar's experience to remember.
(Images via. Huffington Post)
3. Jenna Dewan Tatum - Neutrals were a big hit at this year's regal fete, and while this acrtress was neither nominated or featured in any particular film of 2013 that I can remember, she was not overlooked on the red carpet. Jenna wore a nude gown by Reem Acra, tweeting "#Oscars bound! Feeling like a fairy tonight!". One can only hope to look this good after having a baby, which brings me to my next best dressed lady...
(Images via. POPSUGAR & POPSUGAR Au.)
4. Olivia Wilde- Who knew 7months could look so good! This soon to be momma, took maternity attire to the next level in a classic and ever so elegant black and white gown by Valentino. With a silhouette that hugged her baby bump like a glove, Olivia Wiled gave the phrase "pregnant in heels" a new meaning.
(Images via. GQ, BBC, & Huffington Post)
5. Kate Blanchet - Cate Blanchett is said to perhaps have been THE best dressed star on the red carpet, her Giorgio Armani gown glittering with swarovski crystals from top to bottom. This made for a heavy but classicly couture ellegance true to Armani & hollywood glamour.